Over 100 business owners, managers and supervisors were arrested on criminal charges related to employing illegal workers last year – make sure you’re not one of them this year. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has dramatically stepped up worksite enforcement and has put employers on notice that they are going to enforce employment eligibility laws.
- ICE audited over 2,200 employers last year
- ICE assessed employers $50,000,000 in fines last year
- ICE debarred 223% more employers from Federal Contracts last year
The single most important step an employer can take to help ensure they protect themselves from potential fines and criminal charges is to identify and resolve errors, omissions and discrepancies on their I-9 Forms. Our expert auditors, which include former INS/DHS agents, will audit your I-9s and identify these errors, omissions, discrepancies and recommend corrective action. In some cases, they can even make the corrections for you. You won’t have to worry, if ICE comes knocking on your door because we will have already taken care of all technical and substantive errors.
Why Should You Have Your I-9 Forms Audited By Our Subject Matter Experts?
- Peace of Mind – Rest easy knowing that you have done everything you can to legally protect your organization in case of an ICE audit.
- Knowledge – Know exactly what your risk and liabilities are, so you can take proactive steps to eliminate them.
- Good Faith – Demonstrate your "good faith effort" to comply with legal requirements.