Form I-9 Compliance LLC has updated its web application to the New version of the Form I-9 (10/21/2019) with expiration date of 10/31/2022.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced a new version of Form I-9 and employers have until April 30, 2020 to begin using the new form. Form I-9 Compliance has upgraded its web application with this new version and no additional work is needed on your side. Any pending I-9s, remote invitations, or new I-9s will automatically be migrated to the new version.
Below is a summary of Form I-9 changes in this new version:
- New form revision date (10/21/2019) and expiration date (10/31/2022).
- USCIS added Eswatini and North Macedonia to the Country of Issuance field in Section 1 and the foreign passport issuing authority field in Section 2 per those countries’ recent name changes.
- USCIS updated the following in the form instructions:
- Clarified who can act as an authorized representative on behalf of an employer
- Updated USCIS website addresses
- Provided acceptable document clarifications
- Updated the process for requesting the paper Form I-9
- Updated the DHS Privacy Notice
Additional information regarding the new version of the USCIS Form I-9 can be found here.